What Our Attendees Say About SWA
2020 Class Schedule
2021 Classes Will Be Available Soon!
Hazardous Materials Instructor Training Class
Get the Tools You Need to Become a HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRAINER for Your Organization!
Did you know that you are required to train your Hazardous Materials Employees every three years in accordance with 49 CFR regulations? If you've ever conducted HAZMAT training before, you know how challenging and expensive this can be!
Well, we can help!
Beginning in January 2021 and running through August 2021 we’ll be conducting a 3-day Hazardous Materials Instructor Training (HMIT) class as well as a LIMITED 5-day version!
Not only will you get technical guidance to help you understand the DOT HAZMAT regulations, you'll also receive tools that will immediately make your job easier. Each attendee will receive a library of easy-to-use tools including a web-based training program that you can use to test and validate your employees HAZMAT knowledge.
Attend this FREE training class and learn:
- How to understand the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR)
- Proper marking and labeling steps
- When and how to properly placard a vehicle
- How to properly package hazardous materials
- How to have fun (you and the audience) when training those difficult subjects
- Using digital tools to improve retention of your message and avoid “Death by PowerPoint!”
Everything in the 3-Day class PLUS:
- Student Teach-backs: display proficient understanding of the topic and effective teaching techniques and gain valuable feedback from your peers
- Tour of a local HazMat manufacturing facility, response unit, or shipping/transportation hub. See firsthand how employees are implementing the regulations in their day to day activities
You Should Attend This Training Class if Your Employees do any of the Following:
- Are responsible for shipping/receiving Hazardous Materials for your organization
- Complete paperwork related to shipping of Hazardous Materials
- Operate any vehicle or equipment used to transport hazardous materials
- Are involved in emergency response related to hazardous materials
- Load, unload, move, handle, fill, close packaging or work around hazardous materials (e.g., warehouses or loading docks)
- Are involved with purchasing hazardous materials or the packaging that it is stored in
- Respond to damaged containers, spills, or leaks and reports incidents
All who attend will receive access to the "Instructors Dashboard" filled with tools you were exposed to in this class that you can immediately use to develop your own HAZMAT employee training.
Remember, we are only conducting 13 of these classes during this year and space is VERY LIMITED – Enroll today!