What Our Attendees Say About SWA
2017-2018 Class Schedule
There are no events available at this moment.
Hazardous Materials Instructor Trainer Class: Two-day Duration
Get the Tools You Need to Become a HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRAINER for Your Organization!
Did you know that you are required to train your Hazardous Materials(HAZMAT) employees every three years in accordance with 49 CFR regulations? If you've ever conducted HAZMAT training before, you know how challenging and expensive this can be!
Well, we can help!
The Sustainable Workplace Alliance was awarded a grant designed to help employees become DOT HAZMAT trainers so they can train their employees, coworkers and colleagues back at work.
These full-day classes begin in September 2016 and end in May 2017.
Not only will you get technical guidance to help you understand the DOT HAZMAT regulations, you'll also receive tools that will immediately make your job easier. Each attendee will receive a library of easy-to-use tools including a web-based training program that you can use to test and validate your employees HAZMAT knowledge!
Attend this FREE training class and learn:
- How to understand the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR)
- Proper marking and labeling steps
- When and how to properly placard a vehicle
- How to properly package hazardous materials
You Should Attend This Training Class if Your Employees do any of the Following:
- Are responsible for shipping/receiving Hazardous Materials for your organization
- Complete paperwork related to shipping of Hazardous Materials
- Operate any vehicle or equipment used to transport hazardous materials
- Are involved in emergency response related to hazardous materials
- Load, unload, move, handle, fill, close packaging or work around hazardous materials (e.g., warehouses or loading docks)
- Are involved with purchasing hazardous materials or the packaging that it is stored in
- Respond to damaged containers, spills, or leaks and reports incidents
All who attend this no-cost training class will receive access to an "Instructors Dashboard" filled with tools you can immediately use to train your HAZMAT employees including:
- Sixty-page workbook for use at the class
- PowerPoint presentation's covering:
- Understand the Hazardous Materials Regulations(HMR)
- Marking and Labeling
- Registration and Recordkeeping
- Vehicle Placarding
- Packaging Requirements
- Emergency Response Preparation
- 6 training handouts designed to supplement employee training
- 6 employee training quizzes and answer sheets to validate employee's knowledge
- Dozens of links to additional training materials you can use immediately
- Online HAZMAT training module for employees
- 6 How-to Instructional videos for trainers
- A web-based testing "game" that validates your hazmat employee’s knowledge
Remember, we are only conducting 20 of these classes during our 2017-18 schedule and space is VERY LIMITED – Enroll today!